Who is Thinking Big?
We are a group of smart, and committed business analysts, technical writers, front-end designers, software developers, testers, and project managers. Some say geeks, some say nerds. We are ok with either...or both. We provide digital consulting services to government and corporations but we also build products.
Our team help guide clients, getting stuff done. We also do our own software product development. Think of this side of the business as technology start-up incubation where you get to learn and practice using the latest tech and tools.
Passion + delivery
We believe that owning your work and claiming responsibility are keys to satisfaction at work. Thinking Big has many projects, and we're always looking for the best people. Join us.
Your experience might get you in the door, but your journey doesn’t stop there. We provide our big thinkers opportunities to learn and grow; to focus on who you plan to become. It’s a central theme to the Thinking Big way of life and business.
We want our work and our people to be better. Sharing ideas and communicating how we can improve is vital to our business. From code reviews to group discussions, we believe in an open environment where we can help each other grow and improve.
There is a n00b inside all of us, and this allows us to learn and grow. “I don’t know” is not a bad thing to say or hear. It’s the beginning of something new, and we all love to go from n00b to pro.
- Work with the business to design effective “To-Be” processes; identify and define detailed product requirements and use cases
- Work with the IT Specialists to translate user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications
- Collaborate closely with Application Owners, Application Managers, and Solution Designers as the business/functional counterpart in solution identification and maintenance
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
- Display Thinking Big’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Post-Secondary degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- 3+ years of professional Business Analysis experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience with business process modeling, IT project management and IT standards, procedures and policies