Who is Thinking Big?
We are a group of smart, and committed business analysts, technical writers, front-end designers, software developers, testers, and project managers. Some say geeks, some say nerds. We are ok with either...or both. We provide digital consulting services to government and corporations but we also build products.
Our team help guide clients, getting stuff done. We also do our own software product development. Think of this side of the business as technology start-up incubation where you get to learn and practice using the latest tech and tools.
Passion + delivery
We believe that owning your work and claiming responsibility are keys to satisfaction at work. Thinking Big has many projects, and we're always looking for the best people. Join us.
Your experience might get you in the door, but your journey doesn’t stop there. We provide our big thinkers opportunities to learn and grow; to focus on who you plan to become. It’s a central theme to the Thinking Big way of life and business.
We want our work and our people to be better. Sharing ideas and communicating how we can improve is vital to our business. From code reviews to group discussions, we believe in an open environment where we can help each other grow and improve.
There is a n00b inside all of us, and this allows us to learn and grow. “I don’t know” is not a bad thing to say or hear. It’s the beginning of something new, and we all love to go from n00b to pro.
The successful candidate will be a broadly skilled HR professional looking for a growth opportunity and is known as a trusted advisor to employees at all levels. You are self-motivated to learn and grow your HR knowledge base in all practice areas, demonstrate the required confidence to deliver training and presentations to an audience, thrive under pressure and independently problem-solve through critical analysis.
- The successful candidate will be a broadly skilled HR professional looking for a growth opportunity and is known as a trusted advisor to employees at all levels. You are self-motivated to learn and grow your HR knowledge base in all practice areas, demonstrate the required confidence to deliver training and presentations to an audience, thrive under pressure and independently problem-solve through critical analysis.
- Recruitment: You are responsible for managing the full cycle of recruitment. Finding and attracting the best candidates to join our team; choosing the best channels which enable you to do so; and building a resource pipeline for future hires.
- Manage Onboarding: You manage our employee onboarding program, inclusive of benefit & payroll setup, and sharing policies and all relevant material with new colleagues.
- Security Clearance: Champion the government clearance program, maintaining open communication with all involved (employees, colleagues and government partners) throughout the process..
- HR Business Partner/ Employee Relations: You oversee all things HR, including: Go-to person for employees, performance management, compensation strategy, workplace culture/employee engagement strategy, team activities and employee training and development.
- Resource Management: As a team player, you support Thinking Big’s project and talent resources by maintaining up-to-date database of resources and projects and running weekly resource planning meetings.
- Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field. CPHR designation is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant progressive HR experience. Experience in human resources in technology firms considered an asset.
- Ability to build strong relationships, including interfacing and communicating effectively with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Adept in dealing with sensitive and highly confidential HR issues with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in applying employment laws and standards are mandatory.
- Ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to reach consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes. Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Up-to-date with the latest technological trends
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and time-driven deadlines and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) coupled with strong interpersonal skills both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Passionate about meeting or exceeding goals and expectations.
- Team orientated one-team attitude is a must.
- Priority status will be given to Canadian Veterans when they are equally qualified