Who is Thinking Big?
We are a group of smart, and committed business analysts, technical writers, front-end designers, software developers, testers, and project managers. Some say geeks, some say nerds. We are ok with either...or both. We provide digital consulting services to government and corporations but we also build products.
Our team help guide clients, getting stuff done. We also do our own software product development. Think of this side of the business as technology start-up incubation where you get to learn and practice using the latest tech and tools.
Passion + delivery
We believe that owning your work and claiming responsibility are keys to satisfaction at work. Thinking Big has many projects, and we're always looking for the best people. Join us.
Your experience might get you in the door, but your journey doesn’t stop there. We provide our big thinkers opportunities to learn and grow; to focus on who you plan to become. It’s a central theme to the Thinking Big way of life and business.
We want our work and our people to be better. Sharing ideas and communicating how we can improve is vital to our business. From code reviews to group discussions, we believe in an open environment where we can help each other grow and improve.
There is a n00b inside all of us, and this allows us to learn and grow. “I don’t know” is not a bad thing to say or hear. It’s the beginning of something new, and we all love to go from n00b to pro.
- Ensuring the technology portion of projects is completed on time, on budget and per approved business requirements
- Designs, codes, and documents new and existing programs
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Develops estimates for program requests
- Analysis and resolution of production issues
- Share documentation and knowledge within the team (on programming, technical and business topics) to ensure cross-training, adherence to best practice standards and support for each other during absence from the office
- Coaching/Training associates on programming, technical and business topics
- Act as technical lead on projects
- Responsible for overall project architecture
- Minimum University/College Degree or Diploma in a related Business or Technology discipline
- 2+ years experience in C# .NET Development
- Experience with and training in SharePoint 2013
- At least one (1) years experience of front-line support of web-based applications with some basic development knowledge of Java language
- Experience with Java/JSP/Java servlets, IIS/Apache/Tomcat/JRun, and MySQL/MS SQL Server
- Experience with setup of firewalls/proxy server experience with Design Patterns (Dependency Injection, SOA, Prism and Factory)
- Priority status will be given to Canadian Veterans when they are equally qualified