Who is Thinking Big?
We are a group of smart, and committed business analysts, technical writers, front-end designers, software developers, testers, and project managers. Some say geeks, some say nerds. We are ok with either...or both. We provide digital consulting services to government and corporations but we also build products.
Our team help guide clients, getting stuff done. We also do our own software product development. Think of this side of the business as technology start-up incubation where you get to learn and practice using the latest tech and tools.
Passion + delivery
We believe that owning your work and claiming responsibility are keys to satisfaction at work. Thinking Big has many projects, and we're always looking for the best people. Join us.
Your experience might get you in the door, but your journey doesn’t stop there. We provide our big thinkers opportunities to learn and grow; to focus on who you plan to become. It’s a central theme to the Thinking Big way of life and business.
We want our work and our people to be better. Sharing ideas and communicating how we can improve is vital to our business. From code reviews to group discussions, we believe in an open environment where we can help each other grow and improve.
There is a n00b inside all of us, and this allows us to learn and grow. “I don’t know” is not a bad thing to say or hear. It’s the beginning of something new, and we all love to go from n00b to pro.
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, to meet the business and application requirements
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution
- Analyze and evaluate technology solutions for “digitizing” paper-based processes
- Monitor trends to ensure that solutions fit industry directions for technology
- Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decisions flows
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application subsystems, and develop data dictionary
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems
- Define input/output sources, including detailed plan for technical design phase, and obtain approval of the system proposal
- Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
- Minimum University/College Degree or Diploma in a related Business or Technology discipline.
- Proven experience as a Software Architect
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience working with complex software projects where there was significant impact to business processes
- Experience designing and building software applications